3Ps and 3Ss of business
The three Ps of business are:
- Products (including services), which are the outputs of the
- People who work in the business
- Processes, (including all tools, machines and materials)
which the people use to make the products.
It has been said that we have great products and wonderful people, but
our processes are not always that hot. The end arbiter, of course, is the
customer. How would they score us?
When things get complex, the three Ps each get more complex and turn
into the three Ss:
- Solutions are formed when we put many products together to
- Societies and social systems occur when people get together.
- Systems are formed by multiple interlinked processes.